Brother MFC J6945DW Scan To E-Mail
The Brother MFC J6945DW scan to e-mail function can be done following the procedure given below.
Step 1: Find the IP address of the printer
- Press the settings icon on the control panel’s LCD screen.
- Navigate to All Settings and select Print Reports.
- Choose Network Configuration from the list.
- Tap Yes if prompted for permission to begin printing the report.
- Note down the IP address from the sheet.
Step 2: Find your e-mail server settings
- Open your Gmail account and log into your account with your username and password from your web browser.
- Click the Settings icon and select the Forwarding POP/IMAP tab.
- You can view the server settings of your Gmail account on the screen.
- Click on the Configuration Instructions link for brother MFC J6945DW scan to e-Mail for reference.
Find An IP & Than Load Document
Step 3: IP address settings
- Open another new tab in your browser and type in the IP address of the printer you have noted before. Then press the Enter key.
- Type in the login password if you have set a password for your Brother printer.
- Navigate to the Fax tab and select the E-mail Send option under the I-Fax option.
- If the E-mail Send option is not found, download the I-Fax update tool from the official website of the printer.
- Click the POP3/IMAP4/SMTP link.
- Now, enter the e-mail server settings you viewed on your Gmail account for brother MFC J6945DW scan to e-Mail.
- The server address is smtp.gmail.com, and the port number is 465 for SSL, or 587 for TLS.
- Select the Server Authentication Method as SMTP-AUTH.
- Enter your Gmail account username and password in the SMTP authentication option.
- Select SSL or TLS option.
- Enter your e-mail address in the Device E-mail address option. Then click on the Submit button.
- In the Protocol tab, uncheck the Test receive E-mail configuration option and check the box next to Send Test E-mail.
- Type in your E-mail address on the Destination E-mail Address box. Then click Submit.
- A Test E-mail Configuration result will be displayed on the screen.
- If the settings are not applied, check the settings and re-submit.
- Turn on the printer and open the scanner cover.
- Place the document paper to be scanned on the scanner glass of the printer.
- Press the Scan icon on the touchscreen of the printer.
- Swipe left/right using the navigation arrows to select Scan to PC.
- Tap the Scan to E-mail option form the shown options.
- If you have already connected your computer and printer to the same wireless network, select the location when prompted.
- If you are asked for the computer’s four-digit PIN, enter it and press Ok
- Press Start to begin the scanning process. You can change the settings and preferences of the scanned document from options.
- After the scanning process is complete, the scanned document is pinned as an attachment to a new e-mail message. Type the recipient and Subject. Then click Send.then you will complete the brother MFC J6945DW scan to e-Mail
- The scanned PDF file will be sent as an e-mail to the selected recipient.
Step 4: Load document and scan