BROTHER MFC J6945DW UNBOXING SETUP
- Unpack the printer from its box and check if the following printer accessories are present in the package:
- Ink Cartridges
- Manual guides
- Power cord
- Installation disc
- Maintenance sheet
- Remove the paper tray assembly from the printer and load paper into the tray after aligning it.
- Load A4 paper till the maximum paper mark and adjust the guides.
- Insert the paper tray assembly back into the printer.
- Set the correct paper type, properties, and preferences on the LCD screen on the brother MFC J6945DW printer.
- Connect one end of the power cord to the rear side of the printer and the other end to an AC outlet.
- Select your country or language and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Open the ink cartridge door and install the ink cartridges one by one in their correct slots.
- Set the date and time settings on the printer by following the instructions on the LCD screen.
- Check the print quality by printing a test page.
- Choose your language from Settings All Settings Initial Brother MFC J6945DW Setup Local Language.
- Connect the telephone line cord if you are going to use the Fax feature on the brother MFC J6945DW printer.
- Now, connect your device to the printer either by a wireless or wired connection.
- The driver for Brother MFC J6945DW comes as an installation disc along with the printer package.
- The Full Driver & Software Package can be downloaded from the official website of your Brother printer so that you can get the most functionality out of the printer.
- You need to install the Brother printer driver on your device (computer/mobile device) to connect the printer and the device on the same network.
- The other software available is the Printer Driver & Scanner Driver for Local Connection.
- Open your browser and launch the official website of the brother MFC J6945DW printer.
- Navigate to the Support page and locate your printer by typing its name in the search box. Now, click Enter.
- In the Support & Downloads page, click the Downloads tab.
- Choose your OS family and version.
- Select the required driver according to your usage.
- The Full Driver & Software Package is the most recommended software to get the most out of your printer.
- Select the driver and click the Agree to the EULA tab to download the file.
- The installer file will be downloaded and saved to your device.
- Double-click the downloaded file and click Run.
- Follow the instructions shown in the installation wizard to install the driver on brother MFC J6945DW device.
- To connect your printer and device to the same wireless network, follow the procedure given below:
- On your printer, select Settings All Settings Network. Locate WLAN and select WPS.
- When you are prompted to Enable WLAN, select Yes.
- Press the WPS button on your wireless router/access point when the touchscreen of the printer asks to start WPS. Now, press OK on the brother MFC J6945DW printer.
- Your printer will get connected to your wireless network successfully.
- Install the Brother printer driver on your device.
- When asked for the connection type, select the Wireless connection option.
- Enter the SSID and network key of your access point to enable the connection between the printer and the access point.
- Now, your wireless router and device will be connected to the same wireless network.
- You can start printing wirelessly from your connected device using bBrother MFC J6945DW Setup.
- The Brother iPrint&Scan application helps you to print and scan from your mobile device.
- For Android devices, download the iPrint&Scan application from the Google Play Store app.
- For iOS devices, download and install the app from the App Store for Brother MFC J6945DW Setup.
- For Windows devices, go to Microsoft Store to download the application.
- Make sure to connect your printer and mobile device to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the Brother iPrint&Scan application and accept the license agreement.
- Select your printer and click Print.
- Choose the file needed to be printed and tap Print.
- Ensure you connect your printer and your mobile device to the same wireless network.
- Open the document that needs to be printed. Tap Share and select the Print icon.
- If your printer is not automatically detected, search for it from the list and connect it to your brother MFC J6945DW printer device.
- Click Print to start the printing process.
- Open the Safari browser on your Mac computer.
- Navigate to the page to be printed.
- Click the File menu and then select Print.
- The page will be successfully printed using the AirPrint feature.
- Google Cloud Print can print from your computer or mobile device without installing a driver.
- Make sure to connect the printer to your wireless network.
- Open the Google Chrome application and log in to your Google account.
- Navigate to the Advanced Settings page from your browser for setting up the brother MFC J6945DW.
- Select Google Cloud Print and click Manage.
- Register your Brother MFC J6945DW Setup printer by following the instructions on the screen.
- After the printer is detected and connected, a confirmation message appears on the screen. Then, press the OK button.
- To print a web page, click the File menu and select the Print option from the list.
- Download the Google Cloud Print application from the Google Play Store and install it on your mobile device to print from it.
- Mopria Print is compatible with Android devices of version 4.4 or more.
- Download and install the Mopria Print Service application from the Google Play Store.
- Connect your printer and Android device to the same wireless network.
- Open the file you want to print and tap Share. Now, select the Print icon on Brother MFC J6945DW Setup.
- Choose your printer and preview the page to be printed. Then, click the Print icon.
Brother MFC J6945DW Driver
Brother MFC J6945DW Driver Download
Brother MFC J6945DW Manual
The manuals for the Brother MFC J6945DW Setup come in the package, which includes a Product Safety Guide and a Quick Setup Guide.Other manuals can be downloaded from the official support site of the printer. The User’s Guide includes the Reference and Online user’s guides.
The Reference Guide contains general information that you can use to print and scan, and troubleshoot. It also includes routine maintenance procedures.Additional feature guides for mobile printing are also available on the brother MFC J6945DW.Manual Download
Brother MFC J6945DW Wireless Setup
Brother MFC J6945DW Print Setup
Brother MFC J6945DW Mobile Printing
Brother MFC J6945DW Apple Airprint
Print from iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
Print from macOS:
Brother MFC J6945DW Google Cloud Print 2.0
Brother MFC J6945DW Mopria Print Service
Brother MFC-J6945DW Troubleshooting
The most common printer problems will be displayed as error messages on the LCD screen. Run routine maintenance for the printer to avoid jam issues, and print head stuck problems. Use only genuine ink cartridges to prevent cannot detect cartridge errors. Maintain the same settings as those for the loaded paper on your printing preferences. This will ensure that the no paper fed problems are resolved. Get help from our technical support team using remote assistance to sort out any type of errors on the Brother MFC J6945DW Setup.